Koreans are famous for their flawless, everlasting skin beauty. The secret sauce isn’t such fantastic genes. There’s more to the story. Korean women are passing on some solid Korean skincare secrets through generations. And now there’s out. Get that want-to-be-touched Korean skin with these 7 Korean skincare secrets:
10-Step Korean Skincare Routine
Flawless, beautiful skin doesn’t come easy. The Koreans will tell you that. They end their day by following an 11-Step Skin Care Routine. This includes:
- Double Cleansing: The Koreans like to be thorough when it comes to cleansing. They start with a liquid cleanser to remove all makeup from the skin. The next part is using a foaming cleanser to remove all dirt and bacteria. They start with rubbing the foaming cleanser on the skin and rubbing it on the face using circular motions.
- Exfoliation: Exfoliation removes the dead skin, bringing out a younger and fresher skin. I wouldn’t recommend daily exfoliation. Twice weekly exfoliation should be enough to get rid of their dead, dull skin.
- Toning: Toning locks moistures to the skin. Leaving out the toner dehydrates the skin.
- Essence: Korean girls use essence to fight off wrinkles and blemishes. Apply this after the toner and before moisturizing. The essence provides moisture to the skin that might have been lost with all the extra cleansing.
- Serums: When choosing a serum, consider your skin. Serum deal with your skin problems like pigmentation, wrinkles, acne extra. Serums provide your skin the boost to its former glory.
- Ampoule: Ampoule also deals with a targeted skin problem. The active particles in Ampoules repairs damage to your skin. You can use it to correct a skin problem and stop using it after the problem has been resolved.
- Face Mask: There are literally thousands of face masks you can choose from. Choose a face mask that suits your skin type.
- Eye Cream: Resolve under eye problems with an eye cream. Get rid of the dark circles, the wrinkles and soothe the tension away from the eyes.
- Moisturize: A moisturizer hydrates your skin and locks your youth within.
- SPF: Don’t shy away from SPF. It not only prevents skin cancer but gives Korean women the glowing skin they are so famous for.
I know it’s hard. Even remembering the routine is a task itself. Especially if you are working or you have kids to put to sleep. But give yourself time. Respect your skin. You don’t get a second one. Follow the 10-step Korean skincare routine religiously every day. Your skin will thank you for it 10 years later.
You are what you eat. And your skin shows it. Korean skincare routine isn’t just about attending to your face, but to your entire body. Don’t deprive your body of essential nutrients. Pack your diet with lots of fruits and vegetables. Cut down on sodium and fried food. Drink lots of water.
The 10-second rule
This is one rule that all Korean women adhere to. Immediately after coming out of the shower, apply your toner. The toner locks moisture in your skin, preventing it from drying out later on. The longer you leave out the toner, the less useful it becomes.
Koreans like to use natural products on their skin. Whenever you can, avoid slathering your face with cosmetic products. Go natural. Use your pantry. For instance, rice water acts as a great toner.
After completing their 10-Step Skin Care Routine, Korean women slap their faces. Why? Because it increases circulation in the skin and activates collagen.
Regular Face Massage
Remember how your last body massage awakened the softness in your body. A face massage does the same for your face. It revives your supple skin. Face Massage is the best way to ward off anti-aging signs on your skin. Massage your face in circular upward motions, using your fingertips. That increases blood flow to your face, thus promoting collagen products.
Following these Korean skincare secrets can be a real gamer changer for your skin. Try it for one month. I can vouch that you won’t be able to stop once you incorporate them into your lifestyle. Change your life. Take better care of your skin, subscribe to my newsletter.